|Collection||Vertical File Photos|
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
Dr. George W. Card and Dr. John M. Henderson found Willoughby University of Lake Erie in honor of their friend Dr. Westel Willoughby in 1834. Drs. Card and Henderson believed Willoughby's name would give prestige to the university and would aid in securing teachers and students.
Willoughby University operates in Willoughby, Ohio until 1846 when it moved to Columbus as Willoughby Medical College of Columbus. Willoughby Medical University of Lake Erie had approximately 618 graduates.
|Title||Willoughby Medical College|
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a digital reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the digital reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a digital reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse a reproduction order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
By requesting a digital reproduction of a photograph, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Ohio State University, its agents and employees against all claims, demands, costs and expenses incurred by copyright infringement or any other legal or regulatory cause of action arising from the use of these photographs.