Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Collection Vertical File Photos
Catalog Number VF41
Object Name Print, Photographic
Description Built in 1911, St. Clair Hospital focused on serving Pennsylvania Railroad workers and their families. It was constructed by the St. Clair Company and incorporated under the laws of Ohio. The hospital also maintained a nursing school with a 2.5 years training program.
Located on St. Clair Avenue north of Mt. Vernon Avenue, the five-story building housed 30 beds and 2 operating rooms. Due to industrial changes in Columbus, the hospital was not needed and closed in 1940. These images were taken of the building in the 1990s.
Title St. Clair Hospital
Copyright COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS

The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a digital reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the digital reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a digital reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement.

This institution reserves the right to refuse a reproduction order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.

By requesting a digital reproduction of a photograph, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Ohio State University, its agents and employees against all claims, demands, costs and expenses incurred by copyright infringement or any other legal or regulatory cause of action arising from the use of these photographs.