Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Collection Postcard Collection
Catalog Number PC14
Object Name Postcard
Description St. Anthony’s opened in 1890 under the direction of the Sisters of the Poor of St. Francis. The hospital was located at Hawthorne Street and Taylor Avenue (site of present day Ohio State University Hospital East). There were accommodations for over 200 long-term critically-ill patients, with no inside rooms. In 1904 an additional floor was added. In 1939 a 3-story wing increased bed capacity to 270.
Title St. Anthony's Hospital
Copyright COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS

The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a digital reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the digital reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a digital reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement.

This institution reserves the right to refuse a reproduction order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.

By requesting a digital reproduction of a photograph, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Ohio State University, its agents and employees against all claims, demands, costs and expenses incurred by copyright infringement or any other legal or regulatory cause of action arising from the use of these photographs.