Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Collection Vertical File Photos
Catalog Number VF55
Object Name Print, Photographic
Description Neil Hall was built in 1926 and was in operation until 1997. It served as a dormitory for female students and housed 300. It was located at 1634 Neil Avenue, the present site of CVS Pharmacy/Younkin Success Center. Neil Hall consisted of four floors and a basement.

The University leased Neil Hall from a private owner who gave the building its name. The University leased the building from the time of its construction until 1942 when it purchased the building.
Title Neil Hall
Copyright COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS

The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a digital reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the digital reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a digital reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement.

This institution reserves the right to refuse a reproduction order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.

By requesting a digital reproduction of a photograph, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Ohio State University, its agents and employees against all claims, demands, costs and expenses incurred by copyright infringement or any other legal or regulatory cause of action arising from the use of these photographs.